What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Grandee Still Not Heating Properly  (Read 11912 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Springs Grandee Still Not Heating Properly
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 11:58:39 am »
 He knew before the problem even showed up.  Didn't you know he is a descendant of?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:55:45 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 11:58:39 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 02:49:41 pm »
Maybe Steve Hammock knows?
;D ;D ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

thomas07

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 11:09:27 pm »
 :-/  A different tech came out today...tested breakers and determined that they are good......he said that he has only seen our case once before and that wiring must have gotten cut and there is moisture that could have gotten in wiring and that we should get electrician in to rewire?! My fear is that I am going to go to this extent and run the risk of this problem not being solved and I am out $500 more!

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 11:49:59 pm »
:-/  A different tech came out today...tested breakers and determined that they are good......he said that he has only seen our case once before and that wiring must have gotten cut and there is moisture that could have gotten in wiring and that we should get electrician in to rewire?! My fear is that I am going to go to this extent and run the risk of this problem not being solved and I am out $500 more!

Keep positive! If the electrician wired this unit when you first purchased it, then he should be able to do somthing for you especially if it were faulty wiring?

Things will work out and you will be back in that Hottub before you know it!
 :)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:50:53 pm by aduvall »
2008 HS Soverign

Vanguard

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 12:29:12 am »
Just curious.  I'm not an electrician or a tech, so if this is totally un-doable, don't everyone yell at once.

Would there be a way to run a temporary line from your breaker to your tub to see if that takes care of the issue?  If it does, then you know you have faulty wiring.  If it doesn't, then you know its not the wiring.  Just an idea to isolate that issue.

Might be a horrible idea, but maybe worth a try.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

thomas07

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 08:44:10 am »

Keep positive! If the electrician wired this unit when you first purchased it, then he should be able to do somthing for you especially if it were faulty wiring?

Things will work out and you will be back in that Hottub before you know it!
 :)

Unfortunately he is no longer in business...I think the economy got to him.

thomas07

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 08:48:00 am »
Just curious.  I'm not an electrician or a tech, so if this is totally un-doable, don't everyone yell at once.

Would there be a way to run a temporary line from your breaker to your tub to see if that takes care of the issue?  If it does, then you know you have faulty wiring.  If it doesn't, then you know its not the wiring.  Just an idea to isolate that issue.

Might be a horrible idea, but maybe worth a try.

Thank you....makes sense....I will find out from dealer what they did to isolate the problem. I was not here when tech was out. I would like to speak with him directly. It looks like I have to track down a good electrician. I hope the problem is simple enough and and not too expensive!  :-/

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 11:13:49 am »
If the spa is not far from the box I would buy some 220v wire (you can buy 20 ft pretty cheap and might need it if the wiring is bad)  and bypass the existing whip to see if it has a problem. First I would unplug everything from the control box and see if the breaker stays on....If it does wire is probably not the problem.

BTW, turn off the breaker before changing any wire!! ;)

Vanguard

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:12 pm »
If the spa is not far from the box I would buy some 220v wire (you can buy 20 ft pretty cheap and might need it if the wiring is bad)  and bypass the existing whip to see if it has a problem. First I would unplug everything from the control box and see if the breaker stays on....If it does wire is probably not the problem.

BTW, turn off the breaker before changing any wire!! ;)

Glad you agree with my idea.  ;)
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 02:02:25 pm »

Glad you agree with my idea.  ;)
It kinda hurt but I had to..... ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 02:02:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42