What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: menthol or eucalyptus scents, congestion  (Read 8157 times)

michiganwinter

menthol or eucalyptus scents, congestion
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:05 am »
Hello,

Has anyone recommendations for scent products for the spa that are either menthol or eucalyptus based or somehow help with congestion?  It would seem that the same effects of having a vaporizer in the room would be had in a hot tub so I assume these products are out there. My question is which ones folks have found to work best and/or smell the best.

Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

menthol or eucalyptus scents, congestion
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:05 am »

Summitman

Re: menthol or eucalyptus scents, congestion
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:26 am »
Hello,

Has anyone recommendations for scent products for the spa that are either menthol or eucalyptus based or somehow help with congestion?  It would seem that the same effects of having a vaporizer in the room would be had in a hot tub so I assume these products are out there. My question is which ones folks have found to work best and/or smell the best.

Thanks in advance

I have customers that use eucalyptus mint from Insparation, and they all rave about how well it works.  It comes in a liquid form and I would guess that your local dealer would have it.

michiganwinter

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 11:22:59 am »
Thanks, do you know if it is their "wellness" line or the normal line? I looked it up on the web and it looks like it could be either. I'll likely order some, just want to make sure I order the right one.

Summitman

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 11:36:58 am »
the stuff I sell is the regular line.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 12:24:06 pm »
Wellness line has peppermint eucalyptus and our customers like it, although watch for water getting cloudy.

Some people put a couple of drops of pure oil in their tubs also, they find them at candle shops.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

michiganwinter

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 01:23:01 pm »
Do you know if the essential oils sold at most health food stores are going to cause a problem with water chemistry? I bought some of the eucalyptus from Insparation but the scent disappears almost immediately. Trying to help fight off some nasty congestion and want to find something that might be a bit stronger.

Thanks again.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 02:39:16 pm »

I have customers that use eucalyptus mint from Insparation, and they all rave about how well it works.  It comes in a liquid form and I would guess that your local dealer would have it.
I agree with Summitman (did I really say that?! ;))...My customers and my family love the eucalyptus mint! I use it everytime I'm in the spa!

Summitman

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »
Thats whats wrong with you,  your high on eucalyptus mint!

;D  ;D

michiganwinter

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 03:01:26 pm »
Okay, I bought what you guys rave about, tried it, and find it disappears too quickly.

Any other suggestions?

Summitman

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 03:29:01 pm »
Okay, I bought what you guys rave about, tried it, and find it disappears too quickly.

Any other suggestions?

use more?  I didnt say it was the end all be all, its something my customers have used and liked.  Spazazz makes aromatherapy, they may have something you like.  It will all disappear after a while.

Water Boy

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 03:32:53 pm »
Trying to help fight off some [glow]nasty congestion [/glow]and want to find something that might be a bit stronger.

Thanks again.

Michigan

You had mentioned you have a nasty congestion currently; are you sure you just can't smell how strong it really is? I know when I get congested I cant smell or taste anything. I would just add a little more to try and help.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:33:26 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

michiganwinter

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »
 ;D I don't have it, my husband does and I am trying desperately to avoid getting it. I have used about 1/3rd of the bottle in 1.5 days (4 times in the tub) and the scent just seems to dissipate after about 10 minutes.  

Hillbilly had suggested some pure oil which I would like to try, but am wondering if there is any chemistry issues by using it.  Not to worry, we'll find something. We still have another couple months of this cold weather and I freak about breathing problems so just trying to head off problems before they arise (lots of hand washing for sure!).

Thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42