What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Name That Spa  (Read 11505 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Name That Spa
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 02:17:01 pm »
PDC spa?

8-)
Could be...I'm surprised no one said anything about my "senseless jab" towards Japanese motorcycles. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 02:17:01 pm »

Summitman

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 02:20:30 pm »
Could be...I'm surprised no one said anything about my "senseless jab" towards Japanese motorcycles. ;)

The difference is that people arent frequenting this board to buy "japanese motorcycles".  Your "senseless jab" had no bearing on what people are on this board for.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:24:51 pm by waylon33 »

Tom

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 04:28:29 pm »
Based on the wood cabinet and wooden lip around the shell, I'd have to say it's an '07 or '08 Arctic  :o
LOL  :D  
I'm sure I saw one like that on the back lot.  It's coffee time so I'll take the camera and go have a look...  

Back.  Can't find camera cable so can't upload photos.  

One on our log has cabinet looks similar.  Model is "Ocean Mirage".  Has a Hercules pump.  Production date 1992, so it's before there even was an Arctic Spas.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:45:51 pm by Graybeard »

Tom

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 10:32:21 am »
One on our lot...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 10:49:09 am »
One on our lot...
Well, where's the picture? My beard is starting to look like yours with a wait this long..... ;) ;D

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 01:01:26 pm »
Like you would know a rebranded, reconfigured machine...You made a Japanese bike look and sound like a Harley! (remember, I had to take in the fumes from that monster for many miles as it threw mud on my BMW) ;) 8-)

This does not look like a Harley to me and the only reason you were sucking fumes is that your BMW is too slow (only becuase of the load put on the bike by the rider) to get around my 110HP monster ;D

See you in Montana in May
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:07:46 pm by Gary »
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Tom

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 12:33:10 pm »
Well, where's the picture? My beard is starting to look like yours with a wait this long..... ;) ;D
Your beard looked like mine BEFORE the wait.

I'm having trouble with photobucket - it refuses to show the edited version and there are items in the photo that I don't want to show.

But since you can't wait, here's the interior:

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 01:31:49 pm »
Your beard looked like mine BEFORE the wait.

I'm having trouble with photobucket - it refuses to show the edited version and there are items in the photo that I don't want to show.
At least I know for sure you have more gray hair on your head than I do.... ;)

I wouldn't worry about items you don't want to show...no one can say anything about how a spa that old was made as long as you changed it. 8-)

So that's an old Arctic? Never seen one....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 01:33:14 pm by stuart »

Water Boy

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 02:35:59 pm »

Thats not an old Arctic in Tom's picture.

One on our log has cabinet looks similar.  Model is "Ocean Mirage".  Has a Hercules pump.  Production date 1992, so it's before there even was an Arctic Spas.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:36:44 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tom

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 11:19:36 am »
At least I know for sure you have more gray hair on your head than I do.... ;)

I wouldn't worry about items you don't want to show...no one can say anything about how a spa that old was made as long as you changed it. 8-)

Well, in your picture in SpaRetailer you have a hat to cut down the glare.   :D   You can check my hairdo here: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/graywriter.  Not much grey...

The old spa is sitting on top of an R&D project, and it's that one I wanted to crop out.  The 1992 Ocean Mirage is not our product, but the cabinet resembles the one that started the thread.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 03:07:07 pm »

Well, in your picture in SpaRetailer you have a hat to cut down the glare.   :D   You can check my hairdo here: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/graywriter.  Not much grey...

The old spa is sitting on top of an R&D project, and it's that one I wanted to crop out.  The 1992 Ocean Mirage is not our product, but the cabinet resembles the one that started the thread.
Nobody your age should have that much dark hair on their head!

Tom

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 03:33:47 pm »
The spa in the photo was built by Blue Falls; that model sold across Western Canada for years. It resembles the square-corner wooden cabinet shown in the photo that opened the thread but may not have anything else in common.

This unit was built two years before the present owners bought Blue Falls and designed the Arctic Spa, but it does show the perimeter insulation and uninsulated shell used in the Arctics of today.  

So kudos to Stuart for recognizing this as a fore-runner to the Arctic Spa.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:37:38 pm by Graybeard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 03:33:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42