What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: milky water  (Read 3510 times)

goodearth

• HAPPY Bullfrog owner
milky water
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:52:36 am »
I changed my water just over a month ago and everything has been fine but as of 5 days ago suddenly my water went sorta milky. I had neglected it for about a week and the bromine was low SO I hit it with bromine and tested after an hour and all my levels are good. BUT the water is still the same not foamy just milky looking has anyone seen this before?

Hot Tub Forum

milky water
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:52:36 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: milky water
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:23:06 pm »
Hows it smell, when was the last time you shocked it??   Might try shocking if you haven't also add just a bit of bright n clear, rinse or clean your filters.

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:39:42 pm »
I once had that and could not figure what to do so I drained and refilled.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:15:09 pm »
You have to give it time to let the filter do its job.  As was mentioned, a clarifier may help speed the process but the only way to clear cloudy water is to filter.  This does not happen right away, it could take a day or so.  When you let your sanitizer get too low, bacteria will take over and cloud the water.  Supersanitizing and shocking will kill the bugs but the cloudiness will be left to be filtered.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:15:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42