What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: it won't hold water - augh!  (Read 15356 times)

eagle

Re: it won't hold water - augh!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 02:03:13 pm »
I can't PM until I post 5 times.  I'm going to send several now to get my count up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 02:03:13 pm »

eagle

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 02:05:01 pm »
So the water level isn't going down as quickly now.  its seat level - last line of jets.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 02:15:42 pm »
You have lost that much water and no sign of where it went???   Something is fishy.  

Are the pavers/stone its sitting on have a sand base and the water is filtering down through that??

eagle

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 04:07:02 pm »
Yes it is on paver's set in sand.  The area around the hot tub is not wet.  Go figure.  I'm  as puzzled as anyone.  Plus I'm the one without a hot tub, not return calls, closed store where I purchased this this.  Augh.  I have also contracted a large store that is currently selling Hydropool hot tubs.  For the last month they've not been able to order jets.  And now this leak issue - they (the store) asked me who I would call to fix it!  Oh gad, this is depressing me even more.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 04:42:09 pm »
You're a wee bit ahead of yourself... ;)

Good luck with your meeting in Colorado. If anyone can get the Haven brand moving in Canada its you!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

eagle

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 11:30:03 pm »
So I'm going to complain / vent some more.  How many phones calls should I make the the repair guy?  It seems I call and leave a message, it takes a good 24 hr. for him to return the call.  He then says he'll call the company and get back with me.

Now I realize this guy is trying to help and I'm not the only one with hot tub issues but its taken a week, again, for nothing to happen.  Its obvious this won't be fixed any time soon.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 11:38:54 pm »
Can't you contact manufacturer directly?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 12:49:57 am »
Can't you contact manufacturer directly?

I too suggested that...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 12:55:24 am »

Good luck with your meeting in Colorado. If anyone can get the Haven brand moving in Canada its you!!

I love a challenge buddy!  :D

LOL...could you imagine? :o The Arjuna/Russell selling team. We could...like[size=20]....SUE EVERYONE[/size] together, call everyone [size=20]IDIOTS[/size], pretend we're [size=20]BOTH ENGINEERS[/size] and [size=20]RULE THE WORLD OF SPAS[/size] as we know it!
MUHAHAHA  8-)

I think I just pee'd myself... :-[

Would I have to give up a % of my income to suppliment his meds?  :-?

Let's see....10% commission on 3 tubs annually selling at $14,000... I'd be like RICH! :o How much Lithium could I buy Jimmy with that? :-?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:03:38 am by Steve »

eagle

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 01:30:33 pm »
The latest today.  It does seem to have stopped leaking - the water level is below all of the jets (except the foot jets.)  I have 2x's called the spa repair guy with no return call and have called Hydropool.  I wasn't able to speak with a person but rather left a message.  We'll see if that's even returned.  

eagle

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 03:57:02 pm »
Hey Steve, did the PM work?  I might not have done it correctly, operator error, ya know!

Vanguard

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 04:28:01 pm »
I'm not real technical and don't work on spas, but if it stopped leaking below the jets, then I'd say one of your jets is leaking.  

Try filling the spa back up above the jets, then get the Phenol red from your test kit.  Put a couple of drops in around the jets.  Watch to see if the phenol red gets sucked in behind a jet.  If it just sits, no leak there, If it flows to the jet and goes around it, you have found where the leak is.  Of course, if it goes into the jet opening, that does not necessarily indicate a leak.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 04:44:34 pm »
Hey Steve, did the PM work?  I might not have done it correctly, operator error, ya know!

I did reply to the one I received at 4:02pm. Was there another? :-?

Vanguard is right about the chances of it being a jet. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the phenol red. If the water level stays at a certain point, you can bet that it's a jet just above the water line. You can fill it a second time just above the jets at that level and if it drops to the same point again, you have your answer.

When you spoke to the girls at Hydropool head office, who were they attempting to put you through to?

Vanguard

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 05:08:44 pm »
I am assuming there is more than one jet at a certain level.  If there is only one jet at the level of the water, then Steve is right.  Don't worry with the phenol red.  My test is to test multiple jets at the same level.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

eagle

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 11:58:05 pm »
There are jets on different levels.  The girls put me through to Bob's voice mail.  He didn't return any messages / calls.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 11:58:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42