What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: anyone have the cover valet?  (Read 4663 times)

benalexe

anyone have the cover valet?
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:34:39 pm »
Just got a cover valet today and installed it.  Maybe I did somethign wrogn but I feel as the cover is still hard to lift.  I expected more the the gas shocks. I almost feel as if the shocks are not working that well.

It could be the fact that my cover is heavy and probably needs replacement. It is 4 years old.  

Anyone have any other thoughts on the cover valet?

Hot Tub Forum

anyone have the cover valet?
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:34:39 pm »

redroy

Re: anyone have the cover valet?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 12:36:26 am »
We just got our first tub installed last weekend. The dealer installed the Cover Valet lifter. It makes the cover very easy to lift, in fact it may actually take more force to close the cover than to open it. We do have a tub on the smaller end of things though so maybe our cover isn't as heavy as most.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 10:47:15 am »
There's 2 different models of the Cover Valet. The CV 250, and the CV 400 (there may be a third). The difference is in the strength of the shocks, and how much assistance they give to lifting (the 400 has more powerful shocks). As you say though, your cover may be so water logged and heavy, it may be more than the lifter is designed for.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:27:28 pm »
Installtion, electrical, cover lifter, now a new cover...Benaxle....how is the free hot tub working out?  ;)

I'm just joshing you.   :)    But it adds up quick.  My fist freebie tub ( a beat to
sh_t  lwo end model,  )cost me about 1200 to get going.  Too bad MY used tub wasn't worth it. your's should be a much better investment.  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:29:22 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

benalexe

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:27:54 pm »
YEah thanks a lot this thing is costing me a small fortune.

benalexe

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 08:41:50 pm »
Just called the company. They are sending me stronger shocks. Problem will be solved yeah! Oh...Another $40.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:14:04 pm »
Close it nice and tight, turn the power of and you may get at least a cheap power bill ;D ;D ;D ;D

BlueMoon2U

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 01:22:16 am »
I had a Cover Valet a few years ago. It worked great. One benefit I liked was that it could be positioned at about a 40-degree angle when it was raining. That formed a cozy little pocket under the cover that kept us out of the rain.

I stopped using it though, as it puts a lot of stress on the cover's hinge. The vinyl on the hinge eventually started to crack and deteriorate.

I live in a marine environment which caused the brackets to corrode. I replaced the hardware with stainless steel and repainted the brackets a couple of times and then gave up on that too.

I built a rack out of 1 1/2" PVC to take the Valet's place. It is mounted on the deck behind my spa. I fold the cover in half, then lower it down onto the rack. It stores there vertically and is easy to hoist back onto the spa when I'm done soaking. Very easy for one person to do and saves the wear and tear on the cover from the Valet.

Blue

benalexe

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 06:39:11 am »
It noticed it may put some stress on the seams. But I also think there are two ways to install it and one way is the wrong way which can ruin the cover.

I don't know how you can open yours 40% as on my it is either open or closed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 06:39:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42