What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lounge or No?  (Read 15913 times)

Jet Sitter

Lounge or No?
« on: May 07, 2008, 12:49:44 pm »
Sorry if this was well covered in the past but I didn't have much luck while searching.  We are first time buyers and my initial reaction is that a lounge seat would be great.  I also know that my initial thoughts may or may not be on target.  From reading posts here in the past, I know that some people float out of some lounge seats and opinions vary on which are most comfortable depending on who is in the seat.

My general question is "Over the long term, do the majority of hot tub users find a lounge seat to be important or well appreciated?"

If there is a link to a discussion on this please let me know so y'all don't have to re-hash this.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Lounge or No?
« on: May 07, 2008, 12:49:44 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Lounge or No?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:59:29 pm »
Loungers are a personal preference.I have had tubs with a lounger, and without.   For me? eh no big deal. I enjoy the lounger in my Geneva but alsol loved  my Caspian without one.  If you are going to do a lot of entertaining, then I would not get a lounger.  They can take up a lot of space.

If you want the maximum varitety of seating and have speficic therapy needs for that the jetting on some lougners offer, the I would consider one.

The first few times I used my lounger, I floated out of it, it took me a bit to find the "sweet" spot/postion to be able to lay down, relax and have my body weight so I wouldn't float.  Today, it's one of my favorite seats.   But  I wouldn't specifically buy a tub for a lounger, (and nor would I pass up a great deal on a tub because it had one).

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:14:37 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:59:30 pm »
Some people like them, and some people don't. Best advice is to wet test spas with loungers and some without loungers, and see what you like best. There is also a difference in loungers from brand to brand, so it would be best to try different brands of loungers as well.

I personally like loungers, but thats just me!! ;)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Mat7

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 01:33:55 pm »
I think you soon learn how to sit /lay in your lounge seat.
I know when i first got in our Envoy i floated off but by the third dip i had it sussed!
I think the key is to relax and let a little air out of your lungs and you seem to settle down into the seat!

Cheers
Matt  :) ;D
Give a man a match and heŽll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and heŽll be warm for the rest of his life.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 02:12:36 pm »
I was told personal preference ....and all the sales people told me that everybody who upgrades their tub never gets a lounger.  They also said It takes up a loy of room.

Now that I have my "no" lounger...I wish I had one.

Reality....

My 10 year old son and myself are the hottub users...man soaks we call them....rarely do we have guests over and they are in the hot tub.  3-4 times a week it's just me ot me and my boy.  

I rfind myself "lounging" over the mini lounger in the Niagara.  

Wet test and then buy the lounger if you think YOU want it :)

Jet Sitter

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 07:28:50 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts.  Sounds like they are nice to have in general, but not eesential.  We'll check them out during wet testing, see how they feel, how much room they take up, etc.  Thanks again...

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:33:29 pm »
My wife and I tried the Jacuzzi J-480 and Sundance Maxxus, both with loungers. Most dealers told me that first time buyers usually go with the lounger but second time buyers do not. In both tubs my wife and I would get out of the lounger and spend most of our time in the seats. So we bought a Jacuzzi J-470 without a lounger because we didn't care for the loungers much. To each their own, I know several  of the new buyers on this forum have bought lounger models.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:47:46 pm »
I went with the Jacuzzi j-480 because of the lounger , and in this particular model it really does not take up a whole side like most spa loungers do, you get  four corners, like in the J -470 only the lounger seat lets you stretch out a bit in that corner , you do lose one very small seat with one jet in it to make room for your feet , but you gain the two foot jets and the calf and wrist jets and also two more calf jets in one of the corner seats . loved the lounger.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 10:53:55 am »
Overrated. Most unused seat in my spa.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:54:10 am by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 11:16:04 am »
I went with the Jacuzzi j-480 because of the lounger , and in this particular model it really does not take up a whole side like most spa loungers do, you get  four corners, like in the J -470 only the lounger seat lets you stretch out a bit in that corner , you do lose one very small seat with one jet in it to make room for your feet , but you gain the two foot jets and the calf and wrist jets and also two more calf jets in one of the corner seats . loved the lounger.
I would agree with Spatini, if you want a lounger take a look at the J-480. It does not take up the whole side of the tub and IMHO would get used more than some loungers. It was also one of the most comfortable loungers I tested.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 11:25:52 am »
I would agree with Spatini, if you want a lounger take a look at the J-480. It does not take up the whole side of the tub and IMHO would get used more than some loungers.

The amount of space a lounge takes up is really independent of brand type so you really want the lounge to work for you or it becomes wasted space.  Proper design of the lounge is important but even a well designed lounge will not work for everyone. Therefore, while its wise to wet test in general it’s doubly wise when the spa has a lounge (and especially if its a medium sized or smaller spa where the lounge takes up a large % of the spa) regardless of whether that spa is a Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Sundance or Sea Monkey spa.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:26:30 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 12:04:03 pm »
One thing I like to say on this subject is, now many seats will be in the spa you choose and how many people will usually be soaking in it at one time.  We have a 6 seat spa, the majority of the time it is 2 of us, sometimes 3 or 4.  I love my lounger, but only use it ocasionally.   4 of us can sit comfortably and not use the lounger.  I'm glad its there when I do want it.  If I bought a 4 person tub, I might avoid it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:33:36 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:28:13 pm »
IMO, there's not a better seat in the spa than the lounge to watch a starry sky or, better yet, a great meteor shower!   8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 01:34:39 pm »
IMO, there's not a better seat in the spa than the lounge to watch a starry sky or, better yet, a great meteor shower!   8-)

Or more often, Iridium satelites or the International Space station.

http://www.heavens-above.com
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 01:56:22 pm »

Or more often, Iridium satelites or the International Space station.

http://www.heavens-above.com

Thought you might jump on that train of thought with me, Bill!

BTW, I caught a great ISS pass last week at about 6:15 a.m. from the spa...a 75 degree pass at that!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 01:56:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42