What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tun for TALL People  (Read 24291 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Hot tun for TALL People
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 10:46:47 am »
The Jacuzzi J-465 had the best lounger I have tried but the rest of the tub was less than exciting. My major complaint about the 400 series is they take up a seat with the filtering system. I'm 6'0" so I'm not what you might call tall. The Coast spas are deep tubs which may be handy for tall people. They do make a model which is very large. It is called the Mirage, you might want to give it a try.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 10:46:47 am »

thebench

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 12:21:13 pm »
OK

Just sat in a AMore bay (and Seville) from Dimension 1 - Not too bad (this might fit me) - they are going to fill it up with H20 for the wet test - Whats the news with D1's "Amore bay"?

PS - The dealer gave me a price of $13.5K after I asked for his best price..  (A dealer around 40 miles away gave me a price of $12.5 over the phone).  

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 12:21:18 am »
I have to update my earlier post. The Sundance Maxxus has the best lounger I have wet tested so far...

Scott  ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:23:11 am by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 08:07:49 am »
OK

Just sat in a AMore bay (and Seville) from Dimension 1 - Not too bad (this might fit me) - they are going to fill it up with H20 for the wet test - Whats the news with D1's "Amore bay"?

PS - The dealer gave me a price of $13.5K after I asked for his best price..  (A dealer around 40 miles away gave me a price of $12.5 over the phone).  

We just wet tested and Amore on Sunday, My husband is 6'2 1/2" tall.  The "man's" lounger was very comfortable for him.  And me.  Watch out for the neck jets on the headrest, which is nice to adjust, but the jets SPLASh in your face.  If it weren't for the bench seating, my hubby probably would have liked it.  He was banging his knees on the Sarena and Lotus, and those seats weren't the same, so they are a no-go.

He fit length wise in the Master LSX lounger, which was also available to wet test, but we both floated. :-[

Good luck.  And when you are in the Amore on the bench, watch out for the thigh jets :o :o :o

WWHT ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

thebench

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 11:58:31 am »
You are right - Same here - The Amore bench just stinks - Way to shallow for anyone to use -This is really just a 2 seater hot tub.  I liked the D1- Seville much better and 3-4K less (Lucky me)

Also - yo uare right those neck jets are blasters - water everywhere to I set at right height.

Last question - What do you think of a tub with one lounger vs one with 4 seats?

thebench

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 12:00:41 pm »
Ps - I did not fit in the Amore lounger. The fit for me was better in the D-1 Seville and the foot blaster for the 2 other seats was nice

wewannahottub

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 12:21:27 pm »
You are right - Same here - The Amore bench just stinks - Way to shallow for anyone to use -This is really just a 2 seater hot tub.  I liked the D1- Seville much better and 3-4K less (Lucky me)

Also - yo uare right those neck jets are blasters - water everywhere to I set at right height.

Last question - What do you think of a tub with one lounger vs one with 4 seats?

We don't prefer a lounger, that is why we started looking first at Clearwater --the Orlando had his and hers total massage seats---and probably about as pricey as the D1's, though the other seating was very comfortable (dry).  THe 2 massager seats we sat in dry (the dealer kept giving us an excuse not to fill the Orlando, just "wet test the similar model with a lounger") were no where near as close to comfy for either of us as compared to Amore.  But, if memory serves me--you are 6'5"??  that' is an extra 2.5 inches on my hubby!  You poor trees--they don't make 'em confy for ya! :( ;)

I don't believe I saw the Seville--I will have to check again.  The Lotus and Sarena (which was tooo big for us anyway, tub wise) left hubby banging his knees and slouching his shoulders.

Unfortunate--since the Amore was going (floor model) for $10,600!!  That had lights, too, but no stereo (we want bling), but not the right shell color, and had those ugly cattails on the cabinet! :P :P

If it weren't for the bench---BTW--did you get hit in the netherregions with those thigh jets? :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D :o??

We want to look at Arctic's tubs Summit and Tundra though I know TUndra is too much $$$.  Also, dynasty Caspian and Titans, but I have a hunch they won't fit hubby. :(

Good luck and let us know if you find something!!

BTW, the Sundance Maxxus--our dealer(s) tell us Ben Roethlisberger bought one--and he's 6'7"!!!

WWHT :(

wewannahottub

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 12:25:51 pm »
I for got to add---

The Amore has a "babbling brook" water feature, which would have been coo, except that when the water for the brook was turned on, it wa pouring over the sides!!

and those neck jet blasters--splashed EVERYWHERE!

WWHT

wewannahottub

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 12:31:05 pm »

I forgot (again)--I think a lounger vs seats are completely at the discretion and choice of the owner.  Definately wet test both and see what is more comfortable.  A lounger is not our choice, so we want more seating.  Plus--are YOU the primary user, or you + family, you + friends,...  Buy it for what is comfortable for you and anyone else with daily use.  Adn, at a price you're comfy with as well.

But, everyone on this forum will repeat==wet test.

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 06:57:27 pm »
My two cents...

Bullfrog Spas release a new spa model for 08, the 462, which has our deepest seat. This is a versitile tub but has no lounger. I helped product test this tub and my co worker who is 6'4" loves it. I read that you are looking for a lounger so this might not be the best choice for you. The 4th seat in the tub is for body heights around 5'5", so this would make a nice cool down seat for you! :P

You can check it out here! http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/spa-462a.asp
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:58:26 pm by webboy »

Dekken Tubb

• You can't fix stupid...but you can use duct tape.
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 09:13:58 pm »
I am 6'4" and fit nicely in the Coleman 481 we bought.  It was one of the few tubs that I fit into.  While I can't get in the "short seat" (for the wife) I fit nicely into the "captain's chair" (deep seat) and the lounger.  You can also order the Coleman with what they call the "X-collar", which eliminates the tight collar on the neck jets in the captain's chair.  (I would not have fit in this spa if it weren't for the X-collar.)  The seating arrangement is of the "open" design - not sure if that's what you're looking for.

I wet tested the D1 Chairman and Californian and the Bullfrog 562 (and sat in more dry spas than I can remember) before buying the Coleman.
2007 Coleman 481

Tailhooker

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 09:50:56 pm »
I have to update my earlier post. The Sundance Maxxus has the best lounger I have wet tested so far...

Scott  ;)
I think the Cameo is just about the same lounger in a slightly small spa.

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 06:52:54 pm »

Scott  ;)

I know I mentioned earlier, but to give you an idea of the fit - I have found the Bullfrog 662 lounger to be very close in fit to that of the Maxxus (no air blower though).

Scott, I know you have ruled out Bullfrog due to lack of a dealer in your area, but for the others - it's worth a wet test if you have a good dealer in your area.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Tailhooker

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 10:56:55 pm »

Scott  ;)
Is the Maxxus now on your list?  I haven't seen a Maxxus yet, but the Cameo felt pretty good.
Dave

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 01:30:45 am »
Is the Maxxus now on your list?  I haven't seen a Maxxus yet, but the Cameo felt pretty good.
Dave
I still don't like the fact that a lounger takes up a side of a spa. Also the Maxxus is $14K, so I think not!

Scott  ::)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 01:30:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42