No No Vinny.....do NOT confuse me more by suggesting bleach!!! ;D

Ok...just so I get this correct....
20 Mule team borax to increase Ph.
Baking Soda to increase Ph and Alk.
Soda Ash also to increase Ph and Alk.
What just increases Alk?

Vinny:

--- Quote ---
I keep a low level of free chlorine with an 8 inch trichlor puck in a feeder in the pool and suppliment with bleach or liquid chlorine a couple of times a week.  I use dichlor after soaking in my spa and bleach or liquid chlorine when I want to bring the free chlorine up to give a good sanitizing or when I want to raise pH.

--- End quote ---

The discussion was to use dichlor the first week of a fresh fill then use bleach. It has to do with keeping CYA low (about 20).

I know it probably is easy but putting in 2 or 3 teaspoons is much more easier! Especially in the winter!!!!! ;D

Vinny:

--- Quote ---No No Vinny.....do NOT confuse me more by suggesting bleach!!! ;D

Ok...just so I get this correct....
20 Mule team borax to increase Ph.
Baking Soda to increase Ph and Alk.
Soda Ash also to increase Ph and Alk.
What just increases Alk?
--- End quote ---

Everything you mention is correct, don't forget washing soda for PH and alkalinity increasing too.

NOTHING!!! Baking soda in a pool only raises the alkalinity, but it raises both in a spa.

I think the thing to do is lower both PH and alkalinity with acid and then raise it with baking soda ... but I don't know.

MostlyLurkingGal:

--- Quote ---
Everything you mention is correct, don't forget washing soda for PH and alkalinity increasing too.

NOTHING!!! Baking soda in a pool only raises the alkalinity, but it raises both in a spa.

I think the thing to do is lower both PH and alkalinity with acid and then raise it with baking soda ... but I don't know.

Ok...Thanks Vinny. I would have just used my borax had I known this...I appreciate the info! :-*
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version